These sugar free lemon cupcakes are super light and packed with amazing flavors. Lemon has never been my favorite flavor but after trying these cupcakes I fell in love.
Raspberry and lemon are a great combination because of how they complement each other with their sweet and sour flavors.
Sugar Free Lemon Cupcakes with Keto Raspberry Jam Filling Ingredients:
Lemon Cake Batter:
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Eggs
- 28 grams Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 3 Whole Egg Yolks
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Lemon zest
- Yellow Vegetable Jell Coloring
Keto Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Lakanto Confectioner’s Sweetener
Why did I use Keto Whipped Cream instead of Butter Cream?
For the cupcakes to be light and balanced in flavor I decided to add keto whipped cream on top instead of the usual keto butter cream. I find that butter cream is much better in layer cakes or big cakes since the amount of cake balances out the density of the butter cream.
Since I added a keto raspberry jam filling to each cupcake, they had enough sourness and tanginess from both the lemon and raspberry combination to have an amazing flavor profile.
Beating Ingredients in Separate Bowls
You’ll notice in this recipe that I asked you to beat the egg whites in a separate bowl and the heavy cream in a separate bowl.
While this might seem like an unnecessary step, I assure you that it’s the most important step in this recipe and in many other keto cake batter recipes.
This process allows those specific ingredients to double in size by incorporating air into them. By doing so separately, and carefully adding them into the rest of the batter, you’ll create a very light and fluffy batter.
What’s great about this process is that your sugar free lemon cupcakes will have the perfect light texture that they need. I have been making cakes for over a year now and this is the best method to not have dense and hard cupcakes.
All Kinds of Decorating Possibilities
I’m in no way an expert in decorating cakes or cupcakes but I’ve learned a thing or two through my keto baking journey. I ordered a frosting decorating kit from Amazon and my cupcake game has leveled up!
I highly recommend buying it if you are getting into baking and want your baked goods to look picture perfect every time.
As a topping I decided to add some color with fresh raspberries and fresh cut lemon. You can also add some sugar-free sprinkles for extra fun.
I made the layer cake for a birthday and everyone loved it. You can turn it into a layer cake with these simple steps.
How to Create a Layer Cake out of these Sugar Free Lemon Cupcakes:
Homemade No Sugar Jam Raspberry “Filling”
homemade no sugar jam has become my favorite thing to put on anything. It’s so easy to make and it lasts for days stored in the fridge.
I shared my keto raspberry jam recipe on my “3 Ways to Eat Your Keto Bagel” post so you can go ahead and check it out.
The way I incorporated it in these sugar free lemon cupcakes was by placing it on top of the cupcake before piping the whipped cream on top. This allowed the keto lemon cupcake to absorb all the delicious flavor from the keto raspberry jam.
I didn’t even have to make a hole in my cupcake for the homemade no sugar jam to settle in.
Share Your Results!
I hope you enjoy these sugar free lemon cupcakes with homemade no sugar jam recipe as much as I did. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out!
Absolutely love to see your creations! If you happen to make one of the recipes, would really love to see it 😍 ! Just use the hashtag #moresweetthansalty, tag me on @moresweet.thansalty, or just let me know by comment!
Sugar Free Lemon Cupcakes with Homemade No Sugar Jam Filling
Lemon Cake Batter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 egg whole
- 28 grams lakanto monkfruit sweetener
- 3 egg yolk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Yellow vegetable jell coloring
Keto Whipped Cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp lakanto confectioner's sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place your cupcake wrappers in muffin baking tins.
- Divide 3 egg yolks. Keep 1 egg white in a separate bowl.
- Beat your egg white until stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks. Combine both the beaten egg whites and the heavy cream by carefully folding it together. Keep aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat your egg yolks with the monkfruit sweetener. Whisk until well combined, then add vanilla extract, almond flour, baking powder, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt. Combine well.
- Fold the egg white and heavy cream mixture with the rest of your ingredients in small increments until all is nice and smooth.
- Pour into your cupcake wrappers and bake for about 20 min or until the center is slightly firm. Let them cool completely before frosting.