My boyfriend and I are in love with Korean BBQ. We used to eat out all the time and Korean BBQ was our go-to for special occasions.
Since we aren’t doing a lot of eating out (or any) since the quarantine started, I decided to create something that corresponds to the flavors we love.
There are only four components to this dish: ground beef, cauliflower rice, broccoli, and fried egg. If it sounds very simple, it’s because it is!
Even though it only took me 20 minutes to cook, the flavors that the beef developed during that time were unbelievable!
Keto Korean Bowl Ingredients:
Can I substitute the beef?
Yes, you can use ground turkey instead. I like substituting the beef for turkey when I feel like changing it up, and want something more lean.
It really tastes just as good! The flavor of this dish comes from the marinade and spices that are added to the meat, so regardless of meat choice, your keto Korean bowl will still taste amazing!
Let me just say that if you’re in keto and don’t have cauliflower rice in your freezer, you should run (don’t walk) to the grocery store and stock up! Actually SPRINT!
Cauliflower rice is one of the most versatile and delicious things you could ever have in keto. I just can’t get enough of it!
I used cauliflower rice for this keto Korean bowl and it absorbs the mouthwatering juices of the beef beautifully.
Adjust the heat:
If you are very sensitive to spicy food, I suggest you avoid the sriracha I added to the recipe. It is delicious but if you have low tolerance to the heat it may be a lot to handle.
This is a medium heat recipe so adjust it to your liking. Black pepper is usually enough if you don’t like spicy food.
This keto Korean bowl is perfect for meal prepping or leftovers for lunch. You can make extra and save it to take to work the next day. It’s fast, convenient, and the flavors are out of this world!
Share Your Results!
I hope you enjoy this keto Korean bowl recipe as much as I did. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram, use the hashtag #moresweetthansalty, and tag me @moresweet.thansalty. Absolutely love to see your creations!
Keto Korean Bowl with Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp sriracha (or 1/4 tsp of black pepper)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower rice
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli
- 2 large eggs
- Prepare a large frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat.
- Once it's hot, place the ground beef in the pan.
- Add the soy sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger, sriracha, salt, and pepper and stir until well combined. Let it cook for 7-10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Prepare a large frying pan with olive oil in medium heat.
- Place the frozen cauliflower rice on the pan and stir. Cover with a lid and let steam for 5 minutes.
- Take the lid off and stir. Add salt and pepper and keep stirring until cooked.
- Cut your broccoli into small pieces and sauté in a hot pan with olive oil for 5 min. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For the fried egg, in a greased pan on medium heat, crack the eggs and let it cook without flipping for 5-7 minutes. Add seasoning to your liking.